Network cABLE LENGTH ?

Although shielded grounded Ethernet cable does help a lot

Definitely, the problem as always is the cost and how people think they know best and things don't work as they should.

Which brings back memory of a certain manager pushing to have a 90 meter Ethernet run through an industrial environment instead of laying fiber or Profibus cable because it costs money and we can buy Ethernet cables cheap.

Sometimes it's best to not even go there and keep it safe.

Similar Topics

Hello guys, I had a problem in a local network where I have a lot of devices to a Stratix 8000 administrable Switch and this one to a 1756-EN2TR...
Replies
Views
I know that Siemens have their own supports for where the Network/Profitnet cable enters the S7-1200 range, but they don't support standard...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Looking for someone with some fiber experience to answer this. I'd like to spec out an OM4 category fiber cable (50um). Will...
Replies
Views
I understand an AS-I line can be up to 100 meters long per master. However I am not sure if that total includes the lenth of the "T"'s from the...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I have a Allen Bradley SLC 5/02 with a link coupler 1747-AIC connected together in one PLC Cabinet. There is a HMI which...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom