FTME VM to RSLogix500 emulator VM communications

Bob O

Is it possible to point a VM running FTME 8.1 to another VM running RSLogix5000 20.0x emulator to test screens both running on the same host machine? Hope that make sense.

Edit... VM software is VirtualBox

Thanks,
Bob O.

Last edited:
IIRC you have to change the FTView communications to look at an RSLinx OPC server.

Since you're running v20, I would suggest ditching Emulate and using SoftLogix instead. Your FTView communication setup would be the same as it it were a PLC. The downside is if your program directly references physical IO that will produce compile errors as changing to SoftLogix controller will wipe out the hardware tree. If you're one who maps IO, just delete the IO mapping and off you go.

Similar Topics

Hi, Is that possible to log alarm history with FTVME and directly save as CSV, like how we doing in DataStore PLUS for DataLogging? Thanks, Dhimas
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm converting from Panelbuilder 32 to FT ME. After importing I received this two errors: 1- Bit and LSBit triggered alarms that...
Replies
Views
Anyone run into FTME 11 just locking up when you do a right click then tag search/replace on a screen? Task manager can’t kill it and I must...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Is there a system word in FTME (5.10 & 6.0) that will allow the plc to interrogate for the current login level? I've looked in all (I...
Replies
Views
Hi, This is hopefully a simple question. I have uploaded an application from an existing PV600+ that was developed in Version 5. I have Version...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom