3x PT100 Motor Protection

How is that useable? The sum of three resistances? I fail to see how that's useable.

Dividing the sum by 3 only gives an average resistance, and then the resistance value still needs a polynomial conversion or a look-up to convert it to temperature.

It would catch a condition that affected all three windings, or have a tolerance so tight that is likely to cause nuisance alarms.

I complained about it, but the good old boys working for drilling companies aren't all very bright. At least the windings had some kind of monitoring. The bearing temperatures were disconnected on those.

Similar Topics

Have you seen a PT100 sensor reading going slowly up, even after heating power turned off ?! and it keeps rising for several minutes ... It looks...
Replies
Views
Im having a 3wire pt100 connected to a temperature transmiter. Im reading the current in the loop and I have 22mA, so is overrange. What could...
Replies
Views
Hi. Almost every time when working with PT100 probes the customers ask me "have the probes been calibrated?" The reason for the customers to ask...
Replies
Views
Hello, can someone help me with scaling PT100 RTD useing Schnider m211 PLC? I can see the analoog value on the controller but once the temperature...
Replies
Views
Hi, i connected a pt100 with my analog input module. i am using s7 1500 cpu. my pt100 has 3 wires. i connected it between channel-0 & channel-1...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom