Need Ascii displayed, Studio 5000

alive15

Good afternoon,

I am using A.B. L27ERM-QBFC1B with v.30.11 on it. I have a Keyence SR-1000W Barcode scanner. I'm scanning a Datamatrix bar code and these characters come into the PLC in decimal format. However, I need to read these in Ascii format.

I'm also checking the length of the ascii characters as well, not the decimal. However, I am having difficulty converting into a readable ascii character. I can manually change the tag from decimal to ascii, but this does not change the tag value coming in, it only changes the appearance of it.

I tried DTOS, but the decimal character format remains. See picture. The # reads 926365748, but I need it to read in ascii "7784" as seen in the pictures attached.

Thanks!

ascii view.jpg decimal view.jpg dtos.jpg

I think you are going to end up using the COP instruction to copy multiple INT or DINT to a String. Been a while since I did that so maybe someone else here remembers how. I know you have to do the COP an then maybe modify the .LEN of the string manually.

Oh yes, you are correct. Actually, I created another data type called "string32". This way, I can select how I want the data to be displayed. So the solution is to create a data type, select string format, and just choose to auto-display the ascii settings. The COP is also what I need to use to complete this.

Thanks Jax, you the man!