Modifying Function Blocks in Triconex Library

Hi All,

I am working on a Triconex project (Trident controller) which has a project specific function blocks library. I need to make some changes to few function blocks inside the library. How do I do that?

The manuals that I have got don't mention much about it.

My Tristation version is v4.15

Thanks
Rakesh

You should be able to navigate to the function blocks folder in the project tree left hand window. Select the function block and double click on it. Once you do that, however, to edit the block requires you to change the state of your project to Download All, so there is no going back. You can open one as Read Only, so you can look at the logic, and print it out first.

At least that is the way it works in v4.13.

Mark, I have already given it a try and unfortunately even with "Download All" status, it does not let me change the Function Blocks inside the Library Documents.

The only way I ve figured to change the FBs is to copy them from Library Documents to User Documents (inside Function Blocks folder)and then make changes. The issue I faced there is then I have to copy all the Function Blocks from that Library into the Library Documents and make a new Library. I thought there would be an easier way which I am not aware of.

As far as I know, the blocks must be in the User Documents/Function Blocks folder of the Application Workspace folder of your project to allow editing.

I would copy and save them under a new name before editing.