5/04 Fault Code - 0001h

f16bmathis

SLC 5/04 has a flashing "fault" light. I connected to it with DH-485 and it gave me the error, and gave me the option of "Must download program" or a Load From EPROM button.

Sadly, no-one ever backed it up! Yeah!

Any chance there is an EPROM installed since the button showed up? I'll go look now... And is the EPROM program is current. Again, we don't ever connect to it...

Thanks!

Last edited:
Error Code
(Hex)
Description Probable Cause Recommended Action
0001 NVRAM error. • Either noise,
• lightning,
• improper grounding,
• lack of surge suppression on
outputs with inductive loads,
or
• poor power source.
• Loss of battery or capacitor
backup.
Correct the problem, reload the
program, and run. You can use the
autoload feature with a memory
module to automatically reload the
program and enter the Run mode.

Have you tried to upload, to see if there is a program?

If it has a EPROM there is no way to tell if the program in it is up to date. Or if it even has a program in it. Give it a try.

The SLC5/04 has a DH+port and a serial port. The serial port can be configured for DH485. How did you get connected?

Have you tried to turn it to program and back to run with the key switch? Or cycle power?

Have you tried to upload, to see if there is a program?

If it has a EPROM there is no way to tell if the program in it is up to date. Or if it even has a program in it. Give it a try.

The SLC5/04 has a DH+port and a serial port. The serial port can be configured for DH485. How did you get connected?

Have you tried to turn it to program and back to run with the key switch? Or cycle power?

I've tried switching program and back, didn't help, and it has no EPROM. BUT... I pulled the processor to see if it had an EPROM and when I put it back in and powered it up...

1. The Fault light was gone!
2. When I connected to it, it turns out we did have the program under a different name!

Saved it as the fillers Line Name! It was named 0900375_57837 or something like that!

Thanks for the help!