PWM and PTO

Ce.O

Hello. Well, I need to use these instrucctions: PTO and PWM. I read the manual and I understood, I think so, but I have some doubts. I was reading about the bit enable status and said this:
The PTO EN (Enable Status) is controlled by the PTO sub-system. When
the rung preceding the PTO instruction is solved true, the PTO instruction
is enabled and the enable status bit is set. If the rung preceding the PTO
instruction transitions to a false state before the pulse sequence completes
its operation, the enable status bit resets (0). The EN bit operates as
follows:
• Set (1) - PTO is enabled
• Cleared (0) - PTO has completed, or the rung preceding the PTO is
false

So, the PWM is activated by the rung preceding, or by the rung where the pwm is?

You'll need to let us know which PLC, which software, and what versions you're using. The more detail, the better someone can help.

You're questions relate to setting EN and ENO which is a different topic from how PTO and PWM differ and best use for those technology objects (instructions).

*Generally* speaking and depending on you hardware and software PTO is used to control Servo and Stepper drives and PWM is used speed control and LED lighting etc.

Siemens has many,many examples for various applications which can get you started.

'rung preceding' generally means the instructions on the same rung leading up to the instruction in question. These instructions determine the True or False state which controls the operating of the instruction. So it's the same rung not the previously numbered rung.

Ok, I got it. I'm using Rs logix on PLC Allen Bradley.
I meant to say: So, the "PTO" is activated by the rung preceding, or by the rung where the "PTO" is?