FTV SE 10 - How do you track Interpret Area Errors?

Tanquen

How do you track Interpret Area Errors?

More than a few people working on the app and I can't find what is filling the log over and over many times a second.

Cannot interpret area RNA://Global/AHU/AHULINK (recult=800421d).

Normally I can track stuff to a certain screen using tag that do not exist but this error happens with all screens closed and even with all runtime clients cloased.

Nothing is really running that I can see. Not sure what to look for.

I did see that reddit post but the servers my error is asking for are not in the application.

I see there are parameter files from an old app. Are they processed even if nothing uses them?

So nothing is running a parameter file but View SE will try to read the values of the parameters in all the files over and over?

Not sure if this is the error I'm getting just the only thing I could find with old driver references.

Can I just move the *[0].par files to a temp folder to test or will that crash the application?

copy the data contained it to an text file on the desktop. then delete whats in the params file you don't need. save it. see what happens. with the contents saved to an external the worst that'll happen is the app doesn't work andyou have to put those contents back.

Yes it reads the file if its got stuff in it, screens are only read/processed when loaded. a params file is something screens depend on so its constantly processed.

Unfortunately there are about 70 files. I don’t see a way to export them so I was tempted to just move them elsewhere as a test.

Fortunately, no events and no macros with bad tags in them.

"good grief... 70 unused param files with data in them?"

They just keep the same stuff from job to job. I'd like to clean it out but fear breaking something.

Last edited:
Fortunately, no events and no macros with tags in them.
Do any of the events trigger commonly and call / run something that has a reference to something that doesn't work anymore?
"good grief... 70 unused param files with data in them?"

They just keep the same stuff from job to job. I'd like to clean it out but fear breaking something.

This is the result of not cleaning up and eliminating old code that doesn't have use anymore.

In the end you don't have to worry about it being in your displays. those are client only. since all clients are closed thats not at issue, its sounding fully server side.

Go through your events and disable or stop them, watch your log for the error to stop. If you find it, good. if not, your going to have to figure out everything server side thats running. including the alarming system if its used.

:)

"Fortunately, no events..."

There are no events and only 6 macros. The macros just open the default screens and set a few tags that are all good ones.