SEW Movimot profibus controlled by Siematic S7-400 CPU

Robin466

Hi All,

I have a project that lets me control a Movimot drive via Profibus DP.

A quick search on google learned me that a lot of information is availible for this drive and brand. However, I got stuck right now....
Perhaps this forum could help me !

first of all I downloaded the following manual :"click here"

Because my movimot is on a field distributor. Going to section 12.2 learns me that there is a sample program for the S7 PLC. "yeah !"

so I went to the SEW download section again and searched for a sample program. on this site.

I went on and downloaded the S7 sample project: "MOVIMOT drive inverter on PROFIBUS DP".

Now before we continue I want so make a summary about my setup:

CPU: 414-3 DP v1.2.0
Movimot: MM30D-503-00
MQP and MFP

So I imported this project to STEP 7. which showed that the project was build on a Simatic S7-300 CPU. so I changed the hardware configuration and went on by testing this program in my setup.

And that is where we are right now....

Downloading this file to my CPU, first showed no problems. I had connection with the MQP and/or MFP via Profibus. EXTF and BUSF lights where out, and the BUSF light on the MxP was out as well.

So I put the PLC in RUN mode. which lights up the INTF light and puts the PLC directly in Stop again.

doing a CPU Message diagnose learned me that it went back to stop because of a I/O adressing problem. However, I changed nothing to that....

Anyone who as worked with SEW or with its sample programs ?

p.s I want to point out that I have some basic experience with STEP 7 so I might have missed a step !

Screenshots of HW config and DP_Read/DP_Write blocks would go a long way.

I'm thinking you have to check the addressing since the 300 series starts at 256 and the 400 starts at 512 for DP modules.

I'm thinking you have to check the addressing since the 300 series starts at 256 and the 400 starts at 512 for DP modules.

hi Jeebs,

that could be the case, please see attachments for screenshots.

i'am guessing that the DP_write and DP_read blocks are in SFC14 and SFC15 which are protected. Am I correct ?

hw config ur.JPG hwconfig dp.JPG

It's just 2 words of data, which can be done with L PID512 and T PQD512

If you're using SFC14/15 then your LADDR value should be: W#16#200
Which is 512 in hex. The RECORD value should be a data location of 4 bytes in your case.

It's just 2 words of data, which can be done with L PID512 and T PQD512

If you're using SFC14/15 then your LADDR value should be: W#16#200
Which is 512 in hex. The RECORD value should be a data location of 4 bytes in your case.

Thanks, that could explain some things....!

attached is the part at which the PLC gave a error (highlighted in blue)

errorbit.JPG

You have configured 2PD, 2 Process data each with a length of 2 bytes for a total of 4 bytes. In your block you are trying to transfer 6 bytes. This will not work. Either you have to change the HWConfig to 3PD or you need to change your program. I'm not overly familiar with the Movimot, only used Movidrives so far, so I'm not sure how much data they transfer.

There are GSD files on SEW's site which you can install in HWConfig to make configuration a bit easier.

You have configured 2PD, 2 Process data each with a length of 2 bytes for a total of 4 bytes. In your block you are trying to transfer 6 bytes. This will not work. Either you have to change the HWConfig to 3PD or you need to change your program. I'm not overly familiar with the Movimot, only used Movidrives so far, so I'm not sure how much data they transfer.

There are GSD files on SEW's site which you can install in HWConfig to make configuration a bit easier.

Jeebs thank you for your help so far !

i know that it's now on 2 PD i tried that because i've read that on a post on this forum. but previously it was on 3 PD but gave me same problem.

it seems that the PLC doesn't reconize the adress.

i have allready downloaded the GSD files like you suggested. Movimot and movidrive should be almost the same, however i feel that this has more to do with the PLC....

can it be that, PI's and PO's of FC111 and FC110 are looking to the wrong bit ?

currently its PIW262 PIW264 PIW266 and PQW262 PQW264 PQ266

Yup. Those IO don't exist. Which is why the PLC triggers and OB call, OB isn't present so PLC goes into stop.