How to retain String Input data (memory tag) in RSView32?

flyers

Hi guys,

I'm working on a RSView32 project, some of the tags i'm using is memory tag & type is 'String'. These are like product name, I've a screen to enter all product name and this will be display at the main page using String Display. But everytime i exit RSView32 and relaunch the project, all the product name will become empty at the main page (String display) and also String Input box. I cannot set the default value for the tag because these product name might change in future. Is there anywhere I can do?

Please guide me. Thank you.

You need the TagRetentive.exe utility. It is on the RSView32 Utilities or Resource CD. I believe you can also download it from the Rockwell site.

robertmee said:
You need the TagRetentive.exe utility. It is on the RSView32 Utilities or Resource CD. I believe you can also download it from the Rockwell site.

Robert,

Thanks for your reply, I managed to install TagRetentive.exe from the CD. This exe doesn't launch automatically when RSView32 is execute & it'll shutdown together with RSView32.

Is there any configuration I should do in RSView32 to let TagRetentive.exe to work with RSView32?

Thanks.

flyers said:
Robert,

Thanks for your reply, I managed to install TagRetentive.exe from the CD. This exe doesn't launch automatically when RSView32 is execute & it'll shutdown together with RSView32.

Is there any configuration I should do in RSView32 to let TagRetentive.exe to work with RSView32?

Thanks.

Guys,

I managed to get it, the command at the PB should be:

AppStart TagRetent /FC:\Project\Remote Monitoring\Presentation\rdm1\TAG\rt.csr

rt is the file name of the TagRetentive.exe where i save about 60 tags in it.

flyers said:
Guys,

I managed to get it, the command at the PB should be:

AppStart TagRetent /FC:\Project\Remote Monitoring\Presentation\rdm1\TAG\rt.csr

rt is the file name of the TagRetentive.exe where i save about 60 tags in it.

Sorry, away for the weekend. Yes, you need to configure your tags. I then put the Appstart in the Startup Macro for RSview. One word of caution. Once you get your tags configured, save the csr file somewhere. Every now and then (far too often), the csr database will become corrupt and read 0 bytes. I always keep a backup on hand so the customer can copy it over without having to re-create it.