Drives - WEG vs Mitsubishi

raguilas

Hi everyone, hope someone can help me with this
In the company I work for we recently started using Mitsubishi drives and we liked it because it has a good price, there’s another drives brand which we are evaluating to use WEG
The thing is that I don’t know if it’s convenient choose WEG over Mitsubishi
I’ve heard that WEG is resists a lot of humidity but it’s a little more expensive than Mitsubishi so we got a discount from WEG so the price now it’s cheaper but if I want to use the port RS-485(Modbus-RTU) I need to buy a module CFW500-CRS485 which costs 137 dollars or 60 dollars with the offered discount, as far as I know Mitsubishi drives have already this port embedded, so now adding this module to WEG makes it like 30 dollars more expensive(final cost compared)
The PLC we use is Siemens 1200, so I’m afraid that by getting a durable product (WEG drive) at a good price we might be losing the benefit of the Modbus-RTU communication or paying more for it

Maybe it's not a lot of money the difference but the company buys like 200 drives a year or more so that's what it worries me

I attach image of the comparative in price

https://imgur.com/Xuqk6nN

Thanks in advance for your help

Cheers

Generally speaking, Mitsi is certainly one of the best brands out there. However, that is meaningless unless you get good local (even on-site) technical support. Weg is not a "bad" brand so I'd choose based on free local tech support.

What value is the modbus adding to your application?

I'm not sure, but something we get from Mitsubishi is if the motor overloads then we get a signal on the PLC that we can relate to this type of fault

We used to use Danfoss drives, but I don't know if the model we normally bought was a standard or basic version "Danfoss 132F0018 VFD Micro Drive 440V 1HP", so we didn't use this type of features on Danfoss

Thank you for your help AustralIan

Last edited:
Generally speaking, Mitsi is certainly one of the best brands out there. However, that is meaningless unless you get good local (even on-site) technical support. Weg is not a "bad" brand so I'd choose based on free local tech support.

Thank you for your help DickDV

Best regards