where can i find a English verson about step 5 software?

LiHao

where can i find a English verson about step 5 software?
last time, some friend told me go to some place(http://www.plcman.co.uk/) to download the software, but it is a Germany verson, and i can't use it easily. so does anyone know some web can download english verson. thank you.

Which version # do you need? There are different keys for each. S5 ver 6.5 won't work with 6.6 and higher. Ver v6.6 won't work with 7.x

the plc is S5-100U

the plc is S5-100U, i do not have the idea which verson i should use.
i just wanna to download the program from the PLC and add some note on them, for the PLC will upgrade to s7 in next year. since the old PG-740 has not work now. so i wanna to get some software to use.

Even if you get some programming software for STEP5 (bootleg or legal) then you still need a TTY cable connection for the S5-100U.

What is the problem with the PG740 ?

You could consider to get the PG740 up and working again. It has a builtin TTY port, and if you look into the installation floppies/CDs you might find a completely legal version of STEP5 !

Note: The STEP5 that follows the PG740 will only work on a Siemens PG.

Siemens S5 Programming Software

Nie Hau Ma?
I would suggest that you log on to www.IBHsoftec.de and have a look at their S5 for Windows software package. It is reliable and much cheaper than the Siemens official software. For an S5-100U it will do the job very nicely, I would not recommend this software for any PLC with Intelligent Modules, since it does not have the necessary Special Functions, but, for basic S5 processors it has been very useful to me. Since you are upgrading to S7, they also do S7 software and a conversion application from S5 to S7. This also works reasonably well.
Good Luck,
Jimmy McLachlan

thank you :)

thank you very much, i found what i need.

Wow!! James W. McLachlan
do you know chinese? in your first line you said " Nie Hau Ma? ", the pronunciation in chinese means " how do you do"
haha, nice to meet you, James W. McLachlan :)

Last edited:
Problms with the second version (english)

Hello

I hope is not late, but when I want to run de second version of the S5 software, the OS (windows nt ) says overload division or something like that.

Can someone help me?

Best Regards :)

Hi,

The ver 3.?? software is very old and only runs on "slow" machines; up to 120MHz

Run on a slower machine and everything will be ok?

Steve

Manual Software S5 ver 3.0

Thanks for all! I have run the (German/English) version in a laptop pentium I.

The last question is: where can I find a manual to use the S5 v3.0 software?

The best for all the nice people in the plctalk

Happy new year :) beerchug

Gerardo

Last edited:
the same question

i need a English version manual of the software too.
i need the dos version about step 5 V3.?,is there anyone can tell me where can i find that?
thank u :)

S5 v3

Hello

For a manual of S5 v3 go to http://www.plcman.co.uk/page6.html, there are a 2 versions, one in German and other in German/English version. Also inmediatly up these links are a link for a tty adapter that you shuld need.

Now I am thinkin about the convenience of making the interfase tty - RS232 or to buy it.

See you

Gerardo

thank you :)

thank you very much. but the link you give seem out of date now. can you give me another link? thank you :)