Modicon M340 - PWM Output?

I have an application where I need to control a hydraulic pump control valve via PWM. I know the X80 I/O has a Pulse Train module, but couldn't find anything that will handle PWM. Has anyone done hydraulic control with an M340 before?

Application is turning a grinding mill via a hydraulic motor that is modulated via a vale and pressure feedfack on the pump.

Thanks.

there is no such module for M340. You will have to find a device that accepts a 4-20 mA signal and generates a PWM signal of frequency proportional to your PLC analog 4-20 mA output.

Here is one that can go up to 5 kHz: https://www.axiomatic.com/signal-converter/pwm-converter-4-20-ma-to-pwm/

Does the hydraulic motor/valve manufacturer not offer some kind of controller, amplifier, electronics, or interface module?

Hydraulic proportional valves have PWM amplifiers that you can buy from the manufacturer. They usually take +/- 10 volts and convert that to a PWM using 2 to 3 amps PWM. The PLC or motion controller cannot generate enough current to control the valve directly.

[email protected] first question should have been. "What is the best way to control a ( provide model number ) hydraulic pump to do...….. using a ( model number ) valve that controls the ( speed, pressure, swash plate angle, etc )

Chances are, what ever it is, it had been done before many times.

I read something that their bmx ehc200 counter card does have outputs that you can use for pwm