Modicon Quantum Programming Software

Hi there,

Anyone familiar with Modicon Quantum PLCs?

What programming software is required for the 45PLQUA series and what is the latest supported OS need to install?

Never used Modicon before and have a couple of small modifications to make to a system.

Thanks in advance.

I've only used the older modicon quantum PLC's, but they used Proworx 32. Maybe start there, if that's not correct it might at least lead you in the right direction.

Thanks ASF,

That's a good starting point. This system was delivered in the early 2000's. Would you by any chance recall the OS you had this software installed.

Trying to establish if its worth the effort or just hire a contractor with all the tools ready.

The version I dealt with (this is back in 2010-2011, but the PLC's had been around much longer) was installed on Windows XP. Shortly before I left that role, the workstation was upgraded to Windows 7, but they had to maintain a Windows XP VM to run Proworx 32. So, most likely you'll need XP.

I'm told there is a third party software package available, reportedly much better and more stable than Proworx 32. It would probably run on a newer OS. But I don't know the name.