hello guys...

Im doing a certain modification of depositing machine

i will be using the following:
seimens 315 - 2DP cpu
MP 370 HM1
FM 352 cam module
2 pcs. SEW movimot B servo drives

Heres the scenarion:

i will connect an encoder to the FM 352 for me to have steps as replacement for mechanical cam used for depositing

All parameters for FM 352 shall be access to the HMI

The 2 servo controller will be connected through a profibus using the 315 as master...

the cam module will give the signal when to run or stop the servo controller depending on the sequence entered in the HMI

Is my configurattion correct or not?

Is there any more better idea for this?

Will it work?

If anybody can send me a sample program i will really appreciate it thanks.....

What you need to do with the 2 servo drives? If you have your encoders connected to PLC and then control the drive via Profibus you will have problems with scan time. What we usually do is connect the encoder to movidrive direct and control the drive via profibus. You can use 3 words in and out from the drive to control the drive.
________CONTROL_________ STATUS
WORD 1 _Control Word 1 __Status Word 1
WORD 2 _Speed____________Actual Speed
WORD 3 _Set point _______Actual position
If you need to do more with the drive then of course add more words between the drive and the PLC.
If you need to position the drive off a limit switch (CAM) then there is a function called touch probe. There are application modules available with the Movitools manager. But I usually use our own assembler codes in the drive. I do have assembler codes and PLC programs for any application. Let me know if you need further help.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply

sir

i will use the 2 servo drives to replace to pneumatic cylinder used in depositing chocolates...

it was controlled by mechanical cam

another thing is that the encoder that is currently connected to the plc control the time each output will run(the belt ,the rotary valves,motor and etc...according to the degree read by the encoder....

Any better suggestion sir

I believe that the cam turns 360 deg each cycle.
This is what I actually do with the rotary application.
Send the target point as 360 deg. Then while the cam is turning it makes a limit switch(touch probe wired direct to the drive) to reference the drive once in every turn to eliminate the error. This all happens in the Movidrive upon an egde detection of the touch probe input. Read the actual position of the drive in degrees so the PLC exactly knows where the cam is. Reset the actual position to zero within the drive at the start of each cycle.
Hope this will help you

Sir based on your experience do i need to used the FM352 cam controller from seimens or not

Remember that both servo drives will replace the cylinder for piston deposit...

any suggestion sir...

Thanks....

if you have a sample configuration kindly post it here...thanks and god bless