VMWare and FT Activation crash

zitam

Hi,

I'm using Factory Talk Activation installed on my host machine as activation server for my virtual machines (using VMWare Workstation Player 12 and Windows 7 Professional). Everything was working fine till about two weeks ago when my laptop got wet and turned off when VMWare was working.

After that when I tried to open VM only black screen was displayed and after a while there was information that machine is in use. Deleting .lck folders didn't help. When removed VM from library I couldn't add it again.

As at the same time I had a problem with FT Activation (firewall problem didn't let it to start) so as suggested I have removed it. Afterwards have problem installing it but it turns out that VMWare works ok without Rockwell software installed.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Matt