archestra gr node

RY_Guthrie

I am trying to connect to my archestra gr node from my laptop, gr node is running on a server, I am using the same user account set up under common/change user account and when I start archestra I can click on the search block and it finds the gr node I want to log onto and is finds the galaxies under that node, but when I try to connect I get cannot connect check logger, the logger say that it is a fire wall but I turned the fire wall off on my machine and on the gr node, same results, anyone ever seen this result? any clues on what I can check? Ping works fine.

always fun this.

a few things to check off the top of my head.

1. make sure your laptop's user account has the same password as your network account utility user on the server.
2. Try switching password protected sharing off on the server under network and sharing center.
3. check the dcom settings on the Server (dcomcnfg.exe) make sure the user account has access permission on the server.
4. Make sure the RPC(Remote Procedure Call) Service is running on the server.