VB app for AB Micrologix

Tim25

I have an Allen-Bradley Micrologix 1500 LRP connected to a barcode reader via the serial port, I also have a Prosoft DF1 port expander connected to the plc programming port, I have an AB panelview 300 Micro connected to port 1 of the port expander. I am reading the barcode info just fine.

Now I want to monitor a register in the plc with a host computer connected to port 2 of the port expander. It is my understanding that the port expander is not a bidirectional routing device, so I can't write info but I can read it. I am wanting to write a vb app that will monitor a register with non critical barcode database information. My company is too cheap to buy third party. I am not a vb expert yet but I do dabble more and more. Does any one have any source code that I might be able to modify?

Any help will be much appreciated and praised. Thanks in advance for all replys.

Last edited: