Gidding's & Lewis PLC

You Poor person

I have all the software for programming these horrible, horrible plcs you better bring plenty of panadol with you. Pm me.

You might want to call Sheffield Automation directly. Their phone # can be found at www.giddings.com. I have never worked with their older stuff, but the software for their newer systems (PicPro) is some of the best I have ever seen. Their tech support is also very good. Good luck. :)

Pic409 Questions

netvisor said:
I have all the software for programming these horrible, horrible plcs you better bring plenty of panadol with you. Pm me.
If I have some questions concerning the Pic409 programming software and its use would you mind helping me out? It looks like this piece of equipment was kind of difficult to work with compared to newer systems. I have several of these controls on machines. I would like to be able to download the ladder that is actually on these machines to see how it compares with some hard copies that may or may not be exactly the same. I have the 409 users manual that describes the Pic control panel that plugs into the front edge of the Pic Support Module and Programmers Consol Module. Am I correct in understanding that the software must run on the Support Module? Thank you for any help. Al ([email protected])

Unregistered said:
I would like to be able to download the ladder that is actually on these machines to see how it compares with some hard copies that may or may not be exactly the same

IIRC, the PLC ladder code is actually compiled into Motorola 6809(?) machine code so you cannot get the ladder from it. You must have the original source ladder file on your computer.

The people at Finger Lakes Control Integrators (http://www.flcontrol.com/) did lots of 409 stuff many years ago.

Another_Unregistered said:
IIRC, the PLC ladder code is actually compiled into Motorola 6809(?) machine code so you cannot get the ladder from it. You must have the original source ladder file on your computer.

The people at Finger Lakes Control Integrators (http://www.flcontrol.com/) did lots of 409 stuff many years ago.

Haa, good old Motorola 6809e. Did a lot of assembler programming for that processor back in the good old days. First micro I worked with that supported indirect addressing.