Siemens KTP700 upload

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have a Siemens KTP700 Basic HMI.

We do not have the source code file for it. There are some configuration screens on the HMI that are passworded. When you click on the button for that screen, it pops up a user name and password box. We are trying to figure out what the password is.

I know there is no support on this forum for hacking passworded programs, but we are simply trying to gain access to some configuration screens.

I am just learning Siemens software. I attempted to upload via Step 7 Basic, but I immediately get an error, stating that the upload was cancelled. Through my research, I assume that this is because the original programmer did not set it to allow for uploading.

Is there any other options we have? Is there anything else I should try?

thank you. That is what it seemed like to me according to research, but I wanted confirmation. Thanks again.