OT: Lights headlamps and hats

I bought this one

3 light levels, battery hold a good charge, a lot brighter than any of the battery powered ones I have used, and has the "Headache Inducing Strobe" function too. (that's supposed to be for if you're riding a bicycle at night)

gbradley - Green Flood is for police actions - don't shoot or send your dog at a green light, only white ones.

I have a Rayovac-brand "Virtually Indestructible Headlamp". Both of the battery hatch latches have been missing or split for a couple of years, yet the dang thing still clicks and holds together and adjusts firmly to focus on my work.

So I bought a couple... sofar the one that Ken recommended is the best, I have a couple more coming and will update if any are better

I got the 300 Lumen version https://www.amazon.com/Rayovac-DIYHPHL3-BC-Indestructible/dp/B06XC9N6DB/

I just got your first one you gave link to from eBay works great and I like the fact it is rechargeable. Comes with both wall and car charger. I'm looking at taking the straps off it and mounting it to a bump cap.Only thing I don't like is the 3 settings, High-Low-Flash, I would rather have just on and off instead of pushing button 3 times but for $9.00 its great.

I just got your first one you gave link to from eBay works great and I like the fact it is rechargeable. Comes with both wall and car charger. I'm looking at taking the straps off it and mounting it to a bump cap.Only thing I don't like is the 3 settings, High-Low-Flash, I would rather have just on and off instead of pushing button 3 times but for $9.00 its great.

Just got mine... Its good but heavy and large, putting it on the bump cap is a great idea, the rechargeable should last a LONG time

Still like this one for my go-to

I have two more coming

I've been using a Streamlight Double Clutch headlamp for a number of years now and it's been pretty good. Single LED, but the lens rotates to give a spot or flood lamp. Additionally, you can "bump" the rotation and it switches between high and low. It's not the brightest, but it has great run time. USB chargeable battery pack or it can run off of 3x AAA's. The biggest drawback is they use a very cool white LED which can make seeing certain colors of wires very, very difficult. It is VERY gloved-hand friendly.

I recently picked up the newer Milwaukee USB rechargeable headlamp and I REALLY like it. Two wide angle LED's and a single spot. You can cycle through them at various brightness settings with the mode button on top, which is NOT gloved-hand friendly. The thing is stupid bright on it's higher settings, which leads to pretty short run times. On low or medium (which is still plenty bright), the run times are acceptable. Charges directly from a micro USB cable. It seems a little heavier, but it's not horrible. Without question the best part of it is the color of the LED. Milwaukee markets it as a "True View" LED and it truly is. The color rendition is phenomenal. Wire colors look like their actual color. It's a night and day difference (no pun intended) between the Streamlight.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-475-Lumen-LED-Rechargeable-Hard-Hat-Headlamp-2111-21/302204633

I love Streamlight, I've been spending entirely too much money on a lot of their products over the years, but they really need to step up their game when it comes to CRI. Milwaukee is absolutely smoking them.

Last edited: