Problem Connecting PV800 to Micrologix 1200/1100 w/o Ethernet

Crgtt

First of all Hi, nice to met you all.

I have a problems trying to control my PLC's (1762-L40BWA ser. C and 1763-L16DWD ser. B) with the Panelview 800 HMI (2711R-T7T), recently i get that HMI i downloaded the CCW ver 12.00.

Now i downloaded just a little program to the HMI and the PLCs, 1 button and 1 indicator just to try, on the micrologix 1100 i try to connect both HMI and PLC through Ethernet but the HMI show me an error "Data Access Error for Alias xxx, Controller xxx, Address is xxx" now for the 1200 and 1100 i tried to connect them via DF1 but have the same luck. (I tried to use on the tags Bits (B3:0/0) and I/O (I:0/0, O:0/0, etc.) directions, selecting Protocol Micrologix/ENI and put the IP of my PLC, i saw in a tuto that i need to put .1,0 at the end for compactlogix so i tried with and whitout that, but no luck)

I dont really know how to set up the communication between the PV800 and those PLC's and im new to CCW and when i called to allen bradley support they just tell me to put both on a ethernet switch and that was all his answer.

I just need to know how to set up this, i know that PV800 are designed to work with the Micro800 PLCs but i saw an assembly machine that have a micrologix 1100 and a PV 2711R-T4T connected via the RS232 wire so i want to do the same. (i cannot access to the program of that Machine).

Anyone have time to explain me how to do that? (because if i want to use the micrologix 1200 PLC it dont have Ethernet connection)

"I have in hand those PLCs (1100/1200) and HMI (2711R-T7T) i mention before, my pc is windows 10, i only have rslogix500, rslinx classics and CCW 12.00 programs installed."

Thnx in advance.

The error you got on the PV800 that read "Data Access Error for Alias xxx, Controller xxx, Address is xxx" is most likely because you have the subnet address wrong on the PV800's communication settings

Hi JZerb, that msg appeared when i connect the HMI and the PLC through Ethernet directly, connected both with a Ethernet switch and it solved.

Now after a few more research i finally can communicate via DF1 (RS232 wire) between PV800 and MLX 1100 but i have some trouble with naming the directions for the tags.

No problem with the Bits (B3:0/0) the hmi recognize me those tags but if i want to read the status from the Outputs for example O:0/3, i tried to put them as REAL or BOOLEAN on the Tags on CCW just like that O:0/3 and O0:0/3 and PV800 build the indicator with those tags but at the time i connect PLC and HMI the Output dont show enable or disable when i activate it physically.

How i can read the Status of Inbuild PLC I/Os on the PV800? i think it only is a problem with the Tags but i dont know how to direction them to read the micrologix 1100 I/Os.

Since the Micrologix's arent 'set-up' to work seamlessly with the PV800's you have to do some programming. this is what i do.

XIC (I:0/0)--------OTE (B3:0/0)

map that in a subroutine in the PLC then use all of the B3:0/0, 0/1, 0/2, etc tags in the HMI to display the PLC I/O in real time.

Since the Micrologix's arent 'set-up' to work seamlessly with the PV800's you have to do some programming. this is what i do.

XIC (I:0/0)--------OTE (B3:0/0)

map that in a subroutine in the PLC then use all of the B3:0/0, 0/1, 0/2, etc tags in the HMI to display the PLC I/O in real time.

You could do it with a word Move faster. MOV I:0 to B3:0

Hi JZerb, that msg appeared when i connect the HMI and the PLC through Ethernet directly, connected both with a Ethernet switch and it solved.

Now after a few more research i finally can communicate via DF1 (RS232 wire) between PV800 and MLX 1100 but i have some trouble with naming the directions for the tags.

No problem with the Bits (B3:0/0) the hmi recognize me those tags but if i want to read the status from the Outputs for example O:0/3, i tried to put them as REAL or BOOLEAN on the Tags on CCW just like that O:0/3 and O0:0/3 and PV800 build the indicator with those tags but at the time i connect PLC and HMI the Output dont show enable or disable when i activate it physically.

How i can read the Status of Inbuild PLC I/Os on the PV800? i think it only is a problem with the Tags but i dont know how to direction them to read the micrologix 1100 I/Os.

Hi Crgtt
I am currently working on a project where I have a Micrologix 1500 and PV800 2711R-T4T. I have to setup a DF1 (RS232) communication between them.
Can you tell me in what format I need to enter Micrologix tags in CCW?
For B3:3/14, do I enter as it is or B003003_14?
Any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi syed_controls, sorry for the answer, but I don't remember how I declare them; my previous PC stop working and I lost almost all my data.
The thing is that I remember that I dropped the project cause some of the functions I needed don't displayed well on the HMI, so I changed to a Delta DOP-B HMI to do my application, now I use those HMI and the C-More HMI from Automationdirect to do all my applications, unless a client requires AB HMIs then I use ControlLogix as PLC and PV5000.
Sorry that is not the answer you seek :S.

Enter it using the PLC data table addressing. Either format for boolean tables is acceptable (with or without colon)

PVc_Micrologix_Comm.png

Hi syed_controls, sorry for the answer, but I don't remember how I declare them; my previous PC stop working and I lost almost all my data.
The thing is that I remember that I dropped the project cause some of the functions I needed don't displayed well on the HMI, so I changed to a Delta DOP-B HMI to do my application, now I use those HMI and the C-More HMI from Automationdirect to do all my applications, unless a client requires AB HMIs then I use ControlLogix as PLC and PV5000.
Sorry that is not the answer you seek :S.

No problem, appreciate your response Crgtt.

Enter it using the PLC data table addressing. Either format for boolean tables is acceptable (with or without colon)

I am using the same format shown in your picture attached.
I am building all the screens in my office and can really test its communication once I go on site.
Thank you for your response plvlce.