Trio Motion and G code

irondesk40

we have had a vendor come in and suggest a Trio MC405 motion controller that can accept Gcode files and run the x,y and z axis similiar to a milling machine.
Has anyone had experience with these.
Did a search on the web and saw that Yamaha has used the same setup.
I attached a link to it.
We looking at it due to fact we are looking at duplicating a 3d printer to create a new product.

https://www.yrginc.com/integration/?name=GCode-Control-for-Yamaha-RD-V-or-TS-SD-3D-Printing

Trio motion

I used a Trio about ten years ago, but cannot recall the model. I can look it up when I return to the office tonight or this weekend.

We used a three-axis model to control a home-made saw for cutting granite.

I have used a MC405 on a single axis indexing application. It works fine, but it programs kind of funny. It always wants the laptop to be connected to a controller, so if doing offline programming, you must use their simulator. Getting online with it can be difficult some times.

Thanks
Looking at it for possibly doing a 2d or 3d print type application we looking at since it is suppose to be able to use G code and perform the motion moves based on the Gcode generated from a image file.
Have tested theory with a 3d printer main control board but now need to move to a more industrial type set up for some new products the company i work for is looking to put on the market

I don't like the Trio software (MotionPerfect).
Trio started as a motion controller, then they are trying to make it a PLC but, in my opinion, with no big success.