**** Flexy Connection Issue

Hal9000

Hi there,

I'm in need of support in regard to an **** flexy that is consistently losing its remote connection at defined repeatable instances.

Issue
• The connection to the gateway is remote via GSM. It has worked many times before, but today I have an issue that is repeating itself consistently:
I can ping my gateway (192.168.0.100 and my PLC 192.168.0.1 which is plugged to the LAN port), however it will ping ok for 20s then timeout for 10s - this then repeats itself consistently. i.e. pings ok for 20, timeout for 10s repeat, repeat..
• Signal strength seems ok (4 bars)
• If I try to connect to the web server of the **** flexy I am disconnected at regular intervals, which ties in with the loss of ping messages.

Steps to try and resolve
I have reset the flexy back to factory default following the **** flexy 205 installation manual section 7. Following this I went through the three standard wizard set-up functions. All wizards worked ok and the unit is visible again on the ****** account, however I still get the connection issue.

I have tried an alternative SIM card (one I know works ok in my Cosy unit), but this didn't make any difference.

Any help appreciated..

Hi there,

I'm in need of support in regard to an **** flexy that is consistently losing its remote connection at defined repeatable instances.

Issue
• The connection to the gateway is remote via GSM. It has worked many times before, but today I have an issue that is repeating itself consistently:
I can ping my gateway (192.168.0.100 and my PLC 192.168.0.1 which is plugged to the LAN port), however it will ping ok for 20s then timeout for 10s - this then repeats itself consistently. i.e. pings ok for 20, timeout for 10s repeat, repeat..
• Signal strength seems ok (4 bars)
• If I try to connect to the web server of the **** flexy I am disconnected at regular intervals, which ties in with the loss of ping messages.

Steps to try and resolve
I have reset the flexy back to factory default following the **** flexy 205 installation manual section 7. Following this I went through the three standard wizard set-up functions. All wizards worked ok and the unit is visible again on the ****** account, however I still get the connection issue.

I have tried an alternative SIM card (one I know works ok in my Cosy unit), but this didn't make any difference.

Any help appreciated..

Some (not all) network switches/ports exhibit strange behaviour when they have duplicate IP addresses detected.
- Cisco 2955s connect one address for 60 sec, then the other address for 60 sec, then repeat
- Anybus ethernet/IP interfaces on type 1 interface drop out .. but not repeatably ... that I could figure out

It's likely work a check to turn off your **** Flexy and then ping it to ensure there is no other device at that address