2 Powerflex 525's to micrologix 1100

AA_Ron

Hey all,

So I have a project that i'm trying to connect 2 powerflex 525's to a micrologix 1100 plc. I would have liked to use a compact logix but cost is a factor. So I currently have 1 drive connected and being controlled but the second drive will not connect. I verified that Ethernet on both it does work. but the second drive still will not connect. I think it might be the timeout bit N42:3 I have that bit set up for both drives in my program. is there another timeout set I can use or is this pretty much a sunken ship.

Thanks

What, exactly, do you mean by "will not connect" ?

You will need two separate MSG instructions for these drives. You can use the same source data table element when you write to N42:3 in each drive, but the MSG control data elements (MGx:y) must be unique.

Post some examples of how you are triggering the MSG instructions, and what kind of error codes you are getting.

Thanks for the quick response, yeah I had used separate messages in my plc program to run the drives I/E m9 file element and m13 file element. I will take some photos tomorrow of what I did exactly. The first controller I did at 192.168.240.3 and the drive was connected and I could control it through the plc MG9. the second drive 192.168.240.4 would not connect using MG13. I also separated my RI files in this program. if you have any program examples to run both drives that would be amazing.

Yeah for sure man I put the hop in. I did end up finding the problem. the integer N11:0 needed to be set for both drives. once I set that the drive connected. The picture has what I needed to change on it for reference. thanks a bunch brothers appreciate your words of wisdom.

Pic.png