CODESYS same application in multiple PLCs

dnordenberg

Hi!
I know you can have multiple applications in one PLC but can I do the other way around with the same application in multiple PLCs some easy way?
I can add multiple PLCs to one project but they all have their own "Application" then. And I don't want to copy stuff between the different PLCs all the time I want to do changes in one place and then download the same to all.

Is that possible?

In Codesys 3.5 that is possible indeed. You create the applications for different devices all within one project, as you said. Then create a separate folder at the project level (so one level higher than the individual applications). You can add a POU at that level and call it from a PLC_PRG within each individual device.

No idea if this is the recommended way to go about but I have done this several times on projects with multiple PLC's that basically do the same job just on different IP addresses on the factory network.

Like you said: you want to program the same logic only once, make a required change in one place only and apply that to all PLC's that share this logic.