Oil well remote control

IdealDan

Hi Friends,

I'm working on an integration project aimed at providing a remote monitoring and control of oil wells around an oil field. Main feature is "remote Open and Close of Gate Valves" on the wells from a control center. I want verify the following:

1. How best can a Gate Valve be made smart to receive Open and Close voltage signal - Solenoid? or a Total Valve replacement?

2. Aside Emerson's RTU, I want to know if Rockwell and Siemens have an RTU (either hardware or via a software solution with PLC-like Mitsubishi does)?

Your inputs will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

We do this with motor driven "Ball Values", and we do it a couple of different ways.

One is making the HMI, plc, modem work together to allow remote/monitoring/control in REAL-TIME. The other is the remote units publish/subscribe MQTT data back to our Ignition Server and depending on your security rights what process you can control.

This is all done in Real-Time and from all over the world.

We do :
Alarming (Email, SMS, Voice)
Field kills(Complete field can be shut down depending on event status)
Tank level monitoring
Snap values used to switch tanks, call for pickup
Alarm Setpoint adjustment
VFD monitoring/Control (Example Strokes per minuter can be adjusted in real-time from any in the world) We can even calculate the cost of running all of our motors as we don't install an electric motor without a VFD.

All of our VFDs are connected with Modbus to these devices and we can send out the exact VFD error, so an example might be "Motor Shorted" or Over Current.

This is just some of what we do.

We cover 7 states in very remote location (Some units are driven by Solar) and all data is published back to Ignition and in Real-Time.

Trends viewed in real-time from anywhere in the world.
Daily production reports
Flowline pressure monitoring (event actions)
Scrubber pressure monitoring (event actions)
Data pulled back with FTP

All data stored to SQL Database with Ignition
Injection pressure recording for state on a per hour event.
Total barrels of fluid pumped back downhole per hour or day (whatever you want!)