S5 PLC with WinCC and InTouch HMIs

I am working on a higher level system that uses an InTouch HMI that needs to interface with a lower level system that is comprised of an S5 PLC and a WinCC HMI.
This higher level HMI (InTouch) must be able provide all of the inputs that that lower level HIM (WinCC) provides. The problem that I have run into is that some of the WinCC inputs are of the type S5Time and I cannot provide an S5Time type output with Intouch. I can provide an Int type variable to the PLC and convert it to an S5Time. The problem is that I cannot change the WinCC program (do not have the license as it was provided by the vendor as part of the subsystem). Thus I need to write a function in s5 that can in read an arbitrary input, determine if it is an Int or an S5Time, and handle it accordingly.
Is this possible?

Hi "Professor".

I dont get it.
Intouch speaks with WinCC. You cannot change the WinCC application. WinCC speaks with the S5 PLC.
You then want to make some modification to the S5 program to do something (not clear what).

How do you intend to pass the information of the modified S5 program to Intouch ?

That you want to send "outputs" from Intouch tells me that you want to send setpoints.
In that case, the adress in the S5 PLC is probably a word sized address where the value is BCD code and goes from 0-999. Like this: bit format aaaabbbbccccdddd.
aaa is the "timebase" which is maybe ignored.
bbbb and cccc and dddd are each BCD values between 0 and 9.
So, if there is a function to either format a setpoint as BCD, or convert to BCD you have a chance to transfer the setpoint without changing WinCC or the S5 program. Important is also to limit the set value to 0-999 !

You can make a test of reading one of the S5 timer setpoints from the WinCC program, and investigate the bit formatting.

Hello Jesper,
Thanks for the reply and I am sorry if I wasn't clear. This is more of the scenario I had in mind.
I am not talking between WinCC and InTouch, rather WinCC is the "Local" HMI and I would like to be able to essentially displace it with a "Remote" HMI running InTouch. Thus, I want to use all of the same "hooks" that the WinCC HMI is using with the Intouch HMI.
Yes, you are correct in interpetting the word HMI "output" in my original post as a setpoint.
The specific issue I am having is that there is a WinCC setpoint of the type S5Time that I will also need to be able to set from the InTouch HMI.
I think that you might be pointing in the right direction though with respect to being able to format the setpoint in InTouch in a sneaky way.
Thanks for the response.
Cheers - Frink