Hey

Keldog said:
Can't do DH+ or Remote I/O????

I have used Flex on all platforms, SLC , PLC 5 and Clgx

Flex I/O is best used with Clgx on C-Net. I have used Flex on RIO with a SLC , and the analogs are horrible to deal with.
Flex I/O on a PLC 5 is better, but you still deal with BTR and BTW to manage analogs.

With C-Net, the analogs are setup in the Configuration wizard as part of the I/O tree in Clgx. Much better.

Ian

I have a 5/04 rack that is full and am considering adding some Flex I/O to accommodate a small upgrade. From what I could gather from RA literature, DH+ is not the same as RIO and cannot be used. If I want to use the 5/04 with Flex I/O, I will have to use a 1746-SN module, correct?

If you only have one rack on a 5/04 you can get an extension cable to link the backplane to another rack, I think the limit is 27 slots, the second rack or for that matter third rack need to be within a meter or so, usually in the same panel.

If you want to use Flex on RIO then you will need the 1746-SN that takes up one slot of your rack.