Blowdown valve fail to close

shkoko2000

Dear all,
I want your help in below issue:
I have blowdown valve on compressor skid and when i close it(energize solenoid)
Find valve take no action. I measure the voltage on plc terminal(DO) found 24v.but when i connect solenoid and measured from solenoid side (the other side of terminal block) found no voltage.uptill now i wondered from this case as i remove solenoid cable the 24 voltage returned back.i have allenbradely control logix and 1756-OB32 is the digital output card.i try to connect 24v direct, the solenoid is enegized normally. I want to know what is the problem...

Please verify the wiring of the output card of the PLC.
Ensure that the output surge value of the solenoid is not greater than 1A.

Regards,

1756_ob32.png

Agree with Dirt, sounds like an overcurrent problem. The easy fix is to add a relay. Let the solenoid turn the relay on and off and supply power to the solenoid from a relay contact.