Siemens and Kepware

taward31

Hi all used kepware numerous times and never had any big problems until now 🔨🔨🔨🔨

Trying to grab some tags of a ET200Sp CPU (1510SP-1PN) programmed via Tia portal v14 SP1

Tried everything at this stage,

Enabled all security featured in PLC and Reset memory card and re downloaded.

Verified the following

Ip's are correct
rack and slot number are correct
DB5,B00.0 is the tag address I am using.

tring to read bool 1 in Datablock 5

datablock is not optimised

seems to get connection (can see plc system tags) but can not read tags

Anyone ever done this ?

anything obvious i'm missing ?

Sorry yes I meant disabled all security,

And Yes have enabled get/put functions,

Regards optimised blocks it was my understanding that they are not to be optimised, I.e unchecked in the data block properties

I think the problem fails under the hardware compatibility

I’m using the s7 1500 driver as that’s the family the et200sp is associated with.

Anyone setup a et200sp successfully with kepware ?

In the unoptimized DB, are the tags marked as "accessible"?

A screen shot of the DB editor and the Kepware tag config would be helpful.

I can't say for sure when the ET200SP got launched, but am quite sure that it came out before the S7-1500.

Have you tried using the S7-300 connection instead?

more photos of the config and that I can ping it.

Maybe there might be a firewall issue on my laptop causing the issue ?

Kepware_2.PNG Kepware_3.PNG Rack_Slot.PNG Ping_Ok.PNG

Anyone setup a et200sp successfully with kepware ?

Yes I have used Kepware together with an et200sp Cpu and Tia
14 successfully last year. I cant remember doing anything special except the already mentioned Security features and none optimized datablocks. Try to read a merker bit or an input and see If that works.

Update Going to try it on a brand new PC no firewalls etc.

See what happens, It must be something like that causing the issue.

Will give feedback

Son of a B*tch.... Firewall was causing the problem on the laptop... worked immediately on the second laptop.

Thanks all for the input

Interesting how everyone assumed that was off to begin with.

Funny thing is I did disable the firewall on the original laptop. Both windows default and the additional Firewalls IT put on the laptop.

Still wouldn't work but had a fresh out of the box laptop here and it just worked straigh away