Unity Pro M340 offline values

vibbo

If I am disconnected from M340, I cant see the Values. Unlike RSLogix when one gets to choose upload state values upon exit, and these state values are shown in the code offline. Is there a method, or is Unity Pro / M340 deficient?. I like to peruse offline with my Program, with the PLC file with the latest state, as I can get the state quickly, and it keeps Programming PC available.

Well I guess you can save a data file from plc to pc. This option is under the plc menu.
Then start your simulator download to simulator. and load the data file into the simulator. I guess that will work as i havent tried it myself

if you have located variables (%M, %MW addressed) then values are saved to automatically on PLC. (You need deselect initialize %MWi on cold start on PC settings screen)
Then you can transfer values with variable data files (*.dat or *.dtx) (unlocated variables can also transfered with these)

Another method is to select save attribute from variables settings (every variable separate) and use value colum (colums isn't showed by default on variable editor)

Then you can ar online view select from PLC -> uodate init values and you should see directly values on variable value colum also on offline project.

Unity will hold values on both cold and warm restart. And if you go online, values are keeped same than on the PLC.
If you load program to empty PLC then you need dat file or saved init values on offline project.

thats a cunning plan, thanks. I will try it. If I dont "RUN" the simulator, so that the state doesnt get over written by missing I/O state, I wonder if the values are displayed when it is "STOPPED". Anyway, I shall try it to see, thanks.

Lare, thanks, I will try your method too, but I will have to figure out what you mean, a little. I got the PLC >> PC dat file and dtx file, it didnt display values immediately, but I didnt really expect it to populate without closing, opening the file. I will try again and include your suggestion, Thanks.