Slc 5/04

Keldog

I have a SLC processor that keeps faulting on me, i was wondering if there was a bit in the processor that can be used to monitor when the processor faults.

check to make sure that all of the input cards are installed in the rack
other than that the best way i have found to find problems is to cut some jumps out until i find the sub that is giving a problem.

What kind of fault??

When the processor faults, it stops communicating, so monitoring the bit really doesn't help much.

Instead of watching for a bit to tell you when the processor is faulted, you need to fix the problem.

SLC_Status.jpg

I would also try toi find out what type of fault it is once you know that then it'll be easier to troubleshoot in the slc instruction set most faults are recorded as a status bit also which SLC?

Keldog said:
I have a SLC processor that keeps faulting on me, i was wondering if there was a bit in the processor that can be used to monitor when the processor faults.

Is there a device plugged into the DF1 port on the CPU, such as modem or a serial DF1 PV ? That little ferrite core that is shipped with the CPUs has/had a purpose.

Ian