CompactLogix communication to CompactLogix via ethernet

dmroeder said:
I prefer Produced/Consumed tags over message instructions.

Agreed, I too prefer Produced/Consumed tags except in situations where the PLC cannot be put into program mode to configure the produced/consumed tags such as in operations that run 24/7

curlyandshemp said:
Agreed, I too prefer Produced/Consumed tags except in situations where the PLC cannot be put into program mode to configure the produced/consumed tags such as in operations that run 24/7

Good point. It's too bad you can't create them online, or even in program mode. I dislike downloading.

Yes thats the nice feature about Logix. You don't need to write logic to communicate between to PLC's. Just create the tags using the proper data type, make sure the 2 PLC's are on the same network and setup the properties of the tags. The consumer does most of the work. The producer just lays the tags out there for anyone wanting them.