Download from Protool using MPI

costimarin

Hi

I have an OP 3 from Vipa and it has only MPI conection (it doesn't have the standard conection for download that are at OP7, OP17 etc.) . I was trying to download the project but always got the message: "No connection to the OP".
The protocol and the cable I am using are the same like I am using for the download to the PLC:
- PG/PC Interface = PC Adapter (MPI) - I was trying with PC Adapter (Auto) too;
- the cable is the normal MPI cable + PC Adapter.

If someone of you have did this before and it was running please describe me the steps to follow.

Thank you.

From my memory,the OP3 does not accept an automatic download, it has to be told to transfer. To do this you go into the menu for the machine, then into OP mode, to which you select/scroll to MPI download, not just transfer. it should then be possible to download via MPI, also check that you have selected MPI download instead of serial on the project window....... having said that I usually download from the PC adaptor into the CPU out to the OP via the MPI (Profibus) cable..or use the propietary cable for download

siemens RS232 - C79451-A3437-B122 FOR SERIAL DOWNLOAD

CHEERS

RMA,

yep its me !!

Suzuki GSXR K4 600

IOM last year, Manx GP Senior..

Although I also race the national road races ( Public roads ! ) :D