micrologix 1200, and 1000 question

darrentpi

I made a program and down loaded it into a 1200 micrologix, and now I want to down load this same program, into a 1000 micrologix, but It won't except it, Am I missing something? Or is it because I set this and configured this program for the 1200 series?
Darren

You may have several problems. First, the PLC properties andI/O addressing may not be the same. Second, some functions supported by the 1200 are not supported by the 1000. Finally, the 1000 has a fixed file structure, and your 1200 progam may be using files and adresses not available in the 1000.

Easiest thing to try, is MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THE PROGRAM. Then try editing the controller properties, and changing it from the model 1200 to the model 1000.

You will get some warnings and message boxes, and you may get error messages.

The messages will most likely tell you what incompatabilities may exist.

Good luck!

Hi I am from OMAN working for Salim Mohiyyadin Bin Saif & Bros. Trad. Cont. Co., we are having 4-5 Ready Mix (Concrete) Plants within one plant we are using Micrologix 1200 PLC and it suddenly faulted today, indicating a application program fault.All lights blinking green and operation was normal before.

Then first in program I loose control for Water Level, after some time Cement Bucket and finally our Delivery Bucket was gone. Like stepwise system was getting down and after that Micrologix 1200, stopped and blinking the red fault light. System trouble shot, and no electrical problem found.

Now can you give me some immediate suggestion that what is the solution for this? Or I have to go for replacement or re-programming of this module.