RSView32 ADS Workgroup/Domain

tvich

Can RSView32 ADS run on a Domain and communicate to a Workgroup RSView32 server?

What I have....
RSView32 ADS Client(vers 7.1) on Domain, XP station w/ SP3 ...this is the one I want to setup/add to network
RSView32 (7.1) servers (qty 2) on Workgroup, XP w/ SP2.
RSView32 ADS Clients (7.1) on Workgroup (qty5) in existence
RSView32 ADS 'fixed/stationary' licensing for existing clients
RSView32 ADS (qty 1) floating, for new install I want to add

From Rockwell Tech notes, and from a 1/2 day try at it, I could not get the DCOM's to configure per Rockwell's tech notes (I'm not an expert on what that was, but I'd done it before for an existing client when a hardrive crashed) I'm pretty certain I'd need to upgrade all versions to latest to support SP3 (IT dictates the SP3 on the office computer)

Again, the customer just wants to interface with the SCADA from his office.

Any suggestions, experience?

VNC is not the best solution, but an option?
Virtual Machine? license issues?
Also, the IT department I have to work with is not flexible at all, and difficult to work with in a timely fashion.