Screen Recording on Panelview 800

JZerb

I want to be able to control a Panelview 800 from my laptop screen, whilst running an screen recorder program. so that i can use that footage in editing software, in a picture in picture style screen that would show what the machine would do as the operator would press certain buttons on the HMI. is that possible to control the panelview 800s in that way?

edit: once again I failed to understand the task at hand so I deleted my comment. I had PV+ in my head...

Last edited:
Page 96 of the manual located at http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711r-um001_-en-e.pdf shows how to setup vnc. You can then use a vnc client on your PC to view the screens on the Panelview800 via a ethernet connection.

i read that as well, and watched the youtube video Rockwell actually posted as to how to setup the VNC on the Panelview 800s, but wasnt sure if there was another way to accomplish what i wanted.

edit: once again I failed to understand the task at hand so I deleted my comment. I had PV+ in my head...

i didnt read your post but i assume you mentioned something about just running the Test Display in FTVS while connected to the PV+ to control it. I was hoping there was a way to do that was CCW, but i dont believe there is.

i read that as well, and watched the youtube video Rockwell actually posted as to how to setup the VNC on the Panelview 800s, but wasnt sure if there was another way to accomplish what i wanted.

i didnt read your post but i assume you mentioned something about just running the Test Display in FTVS while connected to the PV+ to control it. I was hoping there was a way to do that was CCW, but i dont believe there is.

You are exactly right, that is where I was headed.