FM 357-2 firmware upgrade

vlad.colesnic

Hello everybody!

I am doing a software upgrade of a line and on two benches of this line I have FM357-2 cards. The software that I am installing here works perfectly on similar lines. The software upgrade that I must do implies a modification also in the FM cards, raising the number of R parameters sent from the PLC to the FM via the FM_Put FC supplied with the card, from 100 to 2000. The problem is that while doing the parameters update the FM card sometimes blocks. If I Restart the FM card from the Parametrize software for FM357 cards, the transfer continues from where it was blocked.

The only reason that comes in my mind is that as this line is older, also the firmware of the FM cards is older. Now i want to upgrade the firmware to the 5.03.03 version to be the same with the other lines. Only that I have never done that action before.

I accesed this link: http://support.automation.siemens.c...tandard&viewreg=WW&objid=28422478&treeLang=it and I downloaded the firmware for the (LX) license type and the tool FM357 upd. The problem is that when I launch the FM357-2 Upd and choose the firmware downloaded from the site, the No EPROM driver installed message appears. I have never done such a firmware upgrade before so I do not know what should I do.

1. Do you think there could be any other reason instead of the firmware for which my FM card blocks while receiving the R parameters?
2. Do you know how a firmware upgrade to an FM card can be done? Do I have to connect to the FM card normaly through the PLC or is it anyother way of doing it?
3. Do you have any detouring solution (as restarting the FM automaticaly from the PLC when the anomaly occurs - if possible)?

Thank you in advance,
Vlad Colesnic