Panel View 600 Error

yoko911

Hello guys, im in big trouble, a few days ago turning up a machine we came acros this screen, its a Panel View 600 btw.

dcd47k.jpg

Checking the documentation for this panel i found that this number is for the CRC checksum on the firmware, but it doesnt show any error code, the COM light is solid green and the FAULT light is off, i cant connect it to RSLinx and i cant go to the configuration screen (Left and right buttons).

I dont care about the screen we have some spare ones on stock, what i care about is the application, see, the machine connected to this terminal is very complex and has a lot of I/O and functionality. we dont have back up for screens nor the PLC software, so i dont have the coments or tags, so making a new aplication would be too much time.

The question is: can i extract the program another way? is there anything i can do to fix the screen temporarily just to extract the application?

Thank you in advance for your help. :)

Is there are memory card installed?

What PLC do you have? I would contact the PLC repr and get a back up of it before something happens to the PLC.

Last edited:

Thank you for your reply, but according to the manual i have to go to configuration screen, I cant go to that screen I,ve already press the < and > at the same time for several seconds, but nothing. Is there any way to get to this screen? maybe a serial command?

Thank you

If it doesn't already have a memory card,with the program on it then you are "SOL".

Can you get in touch with the OEM.

Last edited:
If it doesn't already have a memory card,with the program on it then you are "SOL".

Can you get in touch with the OEM.

What do you mean by "SOL"?, I can't reach OEM or technical support, i've never done that, so i dont know where to call, price, etc.

Yoko911

Here is a link to Rockwell Automation World Wide Distributors.

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/rockwellautomation/distributor-locator/distributor-locator.page?#

On this site choose:
"Find a Distributor Near You"
Then select your Region & Country.
This will give you a list of all the Rockwell Automation Distributors in your country.
Choose the one nearest you and give them a call.

They will not be able to help you directly with your problem, but they can give you the names of some reputable Integrators in your area that will have the knowledge, software and ability to purchase replacement parts to help you solve your problem.

Good Luck,
BCS