CMMO-ST-C5-1-LKP , FESTO, Error 0x47 Modbus connection with master control

xfr82

Hello,

The problem refers to Festo servodriver.

I have a Festo CMMO-ST-C5-1-LKP servodriver, I want to connect this to NX PLC via Modbus TCP.

If I send a Modbus frame from the Festo controller in which I want to allow movement and unlock the brake, immediately after executing these commands, the controller issues error No. 47 "Modbus connection with master control"

When I send a frame in which I want to reset this error (according to the documentation CCON.RESET = 0-> 1, CCON.ENABLE = 1), this happens the same: the error is reset but after a while again the same error appears.

In the documentation this error is described:
"The Modbus connection to the controller has been interrupted.
Check the connection and perform a reset.
- Resettable: Error can be reset immediately.
Definable error reaction (s): B, C, D, E, F, G
- For parameterisation as a warning: "The warning disappears."

This description shows that communication is lost. But how is this possible since I can send another Modbus frame and it is received by the driver?

Please write on the internet CMMO-ST-LK-HP_2017-05b_8071676g1.pdf: documentation describing the bits of the Modbus TCP frame for this driver and a description of the errors.

Bits which I send and I recive I see in the Festo Configuration Tool - the connection and control over this program does not cause any errors.

Maybe I should also configure something in the Festo driver so that this error does not appear?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello

Have you found any solution for this problem? I'm currently running into the same issue with the same Festo Drive for a Beckhoff PLC.

FCT works fine. When I try the Modbus way with the PLC I can see with the Festo tool that corresponding bits get set/reset so there is some form of communication.

To get a stable communication, try to deactivate packet segmentation for Modbus/TCP in Festo Configuration Tool (FCT). It's the little "activ" ticker box under Fielbus\Operation Parameters.

FESTO_CMMO_Error47.gif