MicroScan vs Cognex

Esieli

Does anyone have experience with both of these? I would like to know which is better at general edge finding and pattern matching.

I'm looking at the 2000 series from Cognex.

Thanks!

I have been using a is2000 for the past year for a edge recognition application to check the accuracy of a cnc material feeder.
After every feed it is verifying the edge widths in 5 locations. Press runs up to 80spm, and I'm using 10 edge finders and 5 calculators. evaluation time is around 50ms as I recall.

For being a low end camera I think its pretty damn good. My colleagues across the pond are doing it using a 7000, but because this application is a 2 wide pattern, I was able to use one model and have it rotate 180deg.

Cognex stuff is pretty easy to use.

Similar Topics

I was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with Microscans QX Hawk series of imagers? I recently started demoing one of these units...
Replies
Views
Hi there - first post, although I've been lurking for a while. I'm pretty green when it comes to programming and software design so please be...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, Red Lion - DSPGT000 using RS232 raw driver for port 1 and 2. I am trying to send a serial trigger to 2 microscan barcode (1 on port...
Replies
Views
Dear All, I am communicating Compact Logix wiht Barcode Reader (Microscan-QX830) ,As per the attached Rs logix file , i have wrote the logic.But...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experiance with the Microscan MS-3 laser matchcode set-up. I'm reading a label with 2 barcodes on it. I've...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom