slc 5/03 to 1761-net-eni to PC SCADA

Fernando.vs

hi

i have the following problem, i have a slc 5/03 i'm using a 1761-net-eni to connect the slc to ethernet to comunicate with a SCADA software running in a PC. I'm development the necesary software that make posible to the PC comunicate with the slc 5/03 through the 1761-net-eni. i have a question: i need to make peer to peer comunication between the pc and the slc 5/03, but how works exacly the routing table in the 1761-net-eni, i know if a send a msg to a ip adress in the table it will be send to the respective node linked to this node (my slc 5/03 node), and it works also in reverse, if the slc 5/03 send a message to a node the net-eni will send to the corresponding ip adress in the table, but how works the reply mechanism in the net-eni, what happen when i send a msg to this device and how it would send the reply????

Last edited:
Just make sure you have a node setup for the IP address in the routing table.

Then when you send message from PC to SLC just point it to the address. It will automatically insert the node number in place of the IP address and send it to the SLC. Then the SLC will send the response to the node number and the NET-ENI will convert it back to the IP Address and send it to the PC

There is probably a more technical explaination but simple, setup the routing table. SLC end - act like it is a message to a DF1 network. PC end - act like it is a message to a Ethernet device with no routing