Ad Dl06

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Ok, I’m starting to get this AD (D not B) thing,

Over all it seems to be a good choice for a PLC, just DIFFERENT then AB or Siemens, haven’t found anything that it can’t do, just finding out more that I can’t...

This is what I am trying to do (in short)

Using 7 DL06’s
6 of them writing over the ethernet to the 'main' (got that part done)
When a input goes high (in 1 of the six) it sets a bit in the main, when it goes low it clears the bit (got that part)

Now for the questions,
What options do I have?, the way that I have it, is not the best way and before I spend a week programming, I would like to look at different ways?

The way that I am doing it is,
For each input I am creating a WX, by using a LDA...that’s one thing that is not very clear is the addressing of the memory O40600 is what I am loading (that is coming from C0, I think), I think that it would be better (if I continue to use this method) I would be better off loading the inputs to a word then if that word is >1 sending that word to the 'main', then I would only have one WX

I know that C100-117 = VC100-117 etc (and BTW who the hell came up with 18 bits and then you can’t use 2 of them?), but how would address that in the LDA? Would that be O40604?

Or....You tell me, what do you think?, How would you do it?,

Many Thanks

You have the adressing of the word which contains C100-C117. That's 16 bits not 18, the base is octal. If you are confused as to the addressing check the CPU manual beginning with the section on 'PLC Numbering Systems'.

You mention 'inputs' but then refer to control relays (C). Which are you sending? Inputs, addressed as words, start at V0400 for X0-X17 You don't need to copy then to control relays. You could actually send the state of all your inputs in 1 WX. Just continously send them else you won't send an 'all off' when none are on.

Thanks Bernie

bernie_carlton said:
You have the adressing of the word which contains C100-C117. That's 16 bits not 18, the base is octal. If you are confused as to the addressing check the CPU manual beginning with the section on 'PLC Numbering Systems'.

I can not count, I see that now o_O o_O stupid..stupid

bernie_carlton said:
You mention 'inputs' but then refer to control relays (C). Which are you sending? Inputs, addressed as words, start at V0400 for X0-X17 You don't need to copy then to control relays. You could actually send the state of all your inputs in 1 WX. Just continously send them else you won't send an 'all off' when none are on.

And yes I was moving the inputs to a CR.

A continous send?, I was told that a continous send would slow down the network? so only do a send on a change of state

bernie_carlton said:

One more thing then I will go back to the books, was this a type error V40400?

For 'change of state' keep a 'previously sent' image of the inputs and compare that to the current. Only send on a difference. Your statement of 'not equal to zero' would not tranmit the transition from 'some bits on' to 'no bits on'.