Micrologix 1400 and PV Plus 400

24fretslater

My attempt to find existing threads relating to my problem was unsuccessful.

Hello! I am using a Micrologix 1400 for the first time annnnnd i'm trying to get it to display data on a PV PLUS 400. I've used PV's a ton of times and understand shortcuts and the like. Well, i THOUGHT I understood. I can't get anything to display data. I set up my tags like always, checked my cable (NC21) which I have connected to Channel 0 on the PLC. I set up the controller somms for 19200 baud and so on (default).
I am aware of the "FactoryTalk Services 2.10.01 and RSLinx Enterprise 5.17.00 download (CPR9 SR1)" that is required for online tag browsing when using 1400's. IS THIS REQUIRED FOR NORMAL FUNCTION? WILL MY DATA NOT DISPLAY PROPERLY WITHOUT THIS? I would simply install it, but I haven't the latest RSVIEW ME, and the download is telling me that my current version will not be compatible with the install. My project is coming down to the wire. Everything is completed...panels are completed and programs are tested. Now its this DAMNED PANELVIEW :unsure:! Can anyone help me? Thanks for your time!!!

I dont know the answer but my guess would be that you need v5 of rsview ft ?

Sure someone here will chip in!

I would confirm the comm parameters on both the PV and the 1400. I've been bitten by the 1400 handshaking scheme before.

FactoryTalk View Studio ME is available from the Rockwell Automation software update site, just like all other software updates from Rockwell Automation.

PanelView Plus firmware 5.00.03 is the minimum revision of terminal firmware to communicate with MicroLogix 1400 controllers.

You already have your answer that RSLinx Enterprise 5.17 is required to communicate with the MicroLogix 1400. That includes the RSLinx Enterprise installation on your FTView Studio computer as well as inside the PV+ terminal.

An upgrade of FactoryTalk View Studio to version 5.1 is going to include all the necessary FT Automation Platform and RSLinx Enterprise upgrades that you need to use your new controller and your new operator interface.

If you are having trouble getting your support authorization to work, or need to get a support contract in place, call your Rockwell Automation distributor or your local RA sales office.

FactoryTalk View Studio ME is available from the Rockwell Automation software update site, just like all other software updates from Rockwell Automation.

PanelView Plus firmware 5.00.03 is the minimum revision of terminal firmware to communicate with MicroLogix 1400 controllers.

You already have your answer that RSLinx Enterprise 5.17 is required to communicate with the MicroLogix 1400. That includes the RSLinx Enterprise installation on your FTView Studio computer as well as inside the PV+ terminal.

An upgrade of FactoryTalk View Studio to version 5.1 is going to include all the necessary FT Automation Platform and RSLinx Enterprise upgrades that you need to use your new controller and your new operator interface.

If you are having trouble getting your support authorization to work, or need to get a support contract in place, call your Rockwell Automation distributor or your local RA sales office.

And here endeth the lesson :)

I should have put in my post "But wait for Guru Ken to come along :)"

When I browse for the plc on my enet it comes up as a "?". I tride pointing my shortcut to it but it doesnt work. Someone advised I should trick it and add a micrologix 1100. I tried this and its not working. Help anyone? Any Ideas?