AB PLC and WAGO field bus coupler

pulikutti

AB PLC and WAGO field bus coupler
Hi experts,

In our automation machine, we are using Allen bradley SLC 05 PLC and this PLC is linked to WAGO device net field bus coupler (750-306).
Sometimes suddenly machine stopped .I checked and found, on that WAGO field bus coupler have an overflow indication(red lit) blinking.
After that ,we need to shutdown and restart the whole system, then can run.

Please advise why the overflow indicator lit. Is it the PLC memory full or what?

You might be a victim of the infamous "Wago Wiggle".
I had an OEM account who used these by the dozens, and got burned because of poor contact between modules.
The answer to the Wago Wiggle is to ensure that the modules are clamped or gripped together, horizontally, so that the contacts always are forced together.
Good Luck.

your AB is too fast with sending messages.
the overflow comes from garbled messages and the wago can not receive more. The overflow is an overflow from the incoming buffer.