The PLC program is deleted by a turn off-turn on

Iman

Hey guys,
I have a big problem with GE FANUC 90-30. The problem is when I turn off the PLC ,after a while when we turn it on again the logic and configuration(all the materials that was inside the PLC) are deleted from it. I checked the battery and it was ok(3.1 volts).Do you have any idea for this issue?
Thank you in advance for any response.

When the power is applied to the PLC, is the red "BATT" LED on the power supply module lit? If so, the battery voltage is insufficient to retain memory. Even if it tests OK under no-load conditions, as when you test it with a meter, it may not have enough charge to maintain the voltage level when loaded. Did you replace the battery with a new one or just check the voltage on the old one? If the latter, how old is the battery?

The battery is located in the power supply module and the RAM memory is located on the CPU module, so the connection between the two could be bad.

The red BATT LED didn't light. I just checked the battery and because of that voltage(3.1 volts), I didn't change it. But I think as you said because of the load condition, it is better to replace it with a new one. Let me try your suggestions and I'll tell you the result ASAP. Do you have any idea about the voltage of the battery.

A lot of back-up batteries are of the 3.6V type, so 3.1V would surely mean it's about depleted.

Kind regards,

I am having the same problem. appears turning the power off at night , then next morning plc is not working at all but no battery light on and run light is off also. cpu does not have a eeprom so I am guess the battery is keeping the program

I just purchased a replacement battery with solder on terminals from atbatt.com

for $7.99

Panasonic BR-2/3AE2SP with tabs

I expect to do a little modification when I refit the present battery.

Cheers

Cal

Because of this (battery problems) I prefer as match as possible not to turn off the power supply to Plc's.

Tamir