S7-200/Micrologix for Air Dryer

mae

I have a sullair air compressor with a air dryer (model# SDE 1225.) The air dryer has not worked in months. The dryer has a S7-200 that controls it. It has (bear with me) a CPU AC/DC/Rly card and a EM 231 AI4 XTC. I have absolutely no experience with Siemens, so I am wanting to put an AB Micrologix in it. I do not have the software to look at the program so I am going to have to write it from scratch. Has anyone ever done this on this kind of air dryer. I also don't know if a micrologix will handle the analog inputs on the last card. I know there can't be much to the program, but I just wanted someone to tell me that this can be done.

Thanks
MAE

It could be as easy as checking to see if the S7-200 Processor switch is in STOP. If it is, simply switch it to RUN. Buy a PPI cable and get a hold of MicroWin programming software. Then go online to view the program. S7-200's are easy to learn.

The people that we bought this from have been here many times and can't make the program work. I believe that we are only using a couple of 4-20ma temperature sensors. We also have about 10 or 15 relay outputs.

ML1000 will work if outputs are 12 or less
ML1200 will work with an analog expansion card.
Oh and software too, if you don't have it ( RSLogix500)
See PDF's below

Air dryers are pretty simple as far as programming. I would look at the switching valves before I went to the trouble of changing out the PLC. You may change it out then still have the same troubles

The people that we bought this from have been here many times and can't make the program work. I believe that we are only using a couple of 4-20ma temperature sensors. We also have about 10 or 15 relay outputs.

What specifically can't they get to work? I'm using a 4-20ma loop made up of a thermistor and have no problems.