shematic connection PC to S7 200

paris

hello
excuse myself in advance for my English who is not very good. (I am French) veiled, I seek a shema connection for a connecting cable between a PC and S7 200 mho. or then a PCB (offset film) to manufacture to me same an interface PC/S7 200
thank.

en français ------>
bonjour
je m'excuse d'avance pour mon anglais qui n'est pas tres bon.
(je suis français)
voila , je cherche un shema de connection pour un cable de liaison
entre un PC et un S7 200 siemens.
ou alors un PCB (typon) pour fabriquer moi meme une interface
PC/S7 200
merci

it is super ! for a first post in this forum, I am very surprised ! answer fast and right !
congratulation for this forum !
thank you

en français ---->
c'est super !! pour un premier post dans ce forum , je suis
tres surpris ! réponse rapide et juste !
bravo pour ce forum !
merci

I board found that , your opinion please
http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pcs71id1.jpg
pcs71id1.th.jp

en français ----->
j'ais trouvé cela qu'en pensez vous ?

Last edited:
For the connection between PC and S7-200 you'll need a data-driven RS232-RS485 converter. This Chinese schematic is way too simple, I suspect it's capable of damaging the PLC port but I should perform measurements to be sure. Remember: cheap often turns out to be very expensive on the long run.

The schematic on ImageShack looks a lot more trustworthy. The MAX232 converts RS232 signals to TTL levels and the 75176 is a real RS485 driver. I would put my money on this one if I had to choose.

Kind regards,

Last edited:
Paris,

the programming port of the S7-200 PLC is a RS485 port, the serial port on the PC is normally a RS232 port. That's why you need a RS232/485 converter.

le porte de programmation d'un API S7-200 est du type RS485 (toujours), le porte serielle normalle d'un ordinateur personelle est du type RS232. Donc, ç'est ça pour'qoui on doit utiliser un convertiseur RS232/485.

Kind regards / Sincères amitiés

paris said:
nb... you speaks French?
Bien sûr. Je suis Flamand. En Belgique ç'est normal que les Flamands parlent le Néerlandais et le Français et les Wallons ne parlent que le Français. Cette situation est necessaire pour comprendre l'un l'autre. Mais dans les années plus recente la situation avance vers un equilibre. De moins en moins Flamands jeune parlent assez le Français et de plus en plus Wallons apprendrent le Néerlandais.

But now I will continue in English because of the nature of this forum.

Both interfaces you are asking my opinion about have the same drawback: these are controlled by the RTS line on the RS232 side. This won't work, because Step7 MicroWin doesn't use that signal, it is made for a data-driven converter. You'll absolutely need a data-driven converter. The one from Siemens is about the best to do the job, but it isn't the cheapest around. The schematic from ImageShack is also good. You can see what data-driven means there: from the RX line there's a little circuit with R1, D5 and DZ1 which controls the direction signal on the RS485 driver (pins 2 and 3). If you compare that to the schematic on the airborn site you'll see the difference. This site also warns you about the RTS issue in Windows and they even provide solutions, if I'm reading correctly.

Kind regards,

paris said:
I will choose a shematic more serieux.

Do you has a problem with chinese scheme?

Of course, this scheme you shouldn't use for uplink to SCADA or similar applications. But for programming from notebook it suits.

I thought it's clear.

thank you jvdcande
that known as.... incredible, I have sought for several days a diagram for a cable RS232/485, nothing! not only one diagram available on the Web! ? did all here you buy the cable?

zova ----->
jvdcande says that it y' has a risk with this cable
http://www.hzlbl.com/chinese/product.asp?prono=15

I board found ---->
http://chaokhun.kmitl.ac.th/~kswichit/PC485/PC_Rs485.html
qu"en think?

cela dit....
incroyable , je cherche depuis plusieurs jours un schema
pour un cable RS232/485 , rien ! pas un seul schema disponible sur le web ! ?
tous ici vous avez acheté le cable ?

Last edited:
paris said:
did all here you buy the cable?

Greetings paris,

You started this topic, October 28th, 2006 01:39 PM, you could of bought one by now and been making changes to your PLC :D ...I just find it easier to buy them, when you make them sometimes you make more trouble for yourself then what its worth

Try your local Siemens office or http://www.ibhsoftec-sps.de/english/Selection_Hardware_S7.htm

Vous avez commencé cette matière, 28 octobre 2006 01 :39 P.M., vous pourriez de acheté à ce jour et faisant des changements à votre PLC :D...Je le trouve juste plus facile de les acheter, quand vous vous leur incitez parfois à faire plus d'ennui pour vous-même puis ce qui sa valeur <----translated with software...

the programming is for me a hobby but the electronic one is a passion! thus to make an interface RS232/485 is for me a pleasure.

paris,

I don't say you can't do anything with that Chinese circuit, but I'm only saying it's too simple to be good. From the looks of it, it could possibly damage the PLC or the PC port. RS485 is strictly a 5V balanced system, while RS232 is from -12V to +12V unbalanced. There is only a couple of resistors and a transistor in between. This could prove to be somewhat dangerous. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone to use it before I would have made measurements to that circuit proving it to be good or bad. I have little doubt it would prove to be bad in some way or another.

The circuit on ImageShack however is made by the rules: the RS232 levels are first converted to real 0..5V logic (TTL) levels by means of a real RS232 driver (MAX232). This unbalanced 5V logic level is then converted to a balanced 5V signal by means of the real RS485 driver 75176. There is no danger of damaging whatsoever with this circuit. In fact: you can use this schematic to make a perfectly good programming cable for the S7-200.

Kind regards,