Powerflex 525 Control Module

Snap25

Lifetime Supporting Member
I stole a 525 control module (Cat no. 25B) and put it on a drive from another VFD to get a process up and going.

The VFD the control module was on had a different HP rating so I have a mismatch. I've done this before via the USB port.. but for some reason I cannot get any of the 525s USB driver to work anymore...

Anyways, I'm trying to change the driver properties via Ethernet. I use the boot tool to change the IP and all that, I can communicate and change parameters but I cant change the HP ratings and other properties online. I go offline, change the properties to the new VFD hp and try to download.

It prompts a warning saying the properties are different than the control module and I click continue and nothing changes!

I tried it in the workbench program and studio.

Any ideas?

Primary objective is to get the mismatch resolved..

secondary objective, why the hell cant I connect to any 520 series with a USB anymore. My laptop goes looney every time I plug it in. I can see the drive, takes 7 minutes to pull up the file page and then it freezes everything once I click on the powerflex USB application

I was able to get the USB application to work in safe mode.. It was still slower than molasses and very glitchy